please click here
(Inclosure no. 1 CHED Memorandum from the Chairman)
29th NATIONAL QUIZ BEE®
- The Quiz Bee Foundation in cooperation with the Office of the President, Department of Education, Commission on Higher Education, and the Department of Interior and Local Government will hold the 29th National Quiz Bee from July 1 – December 7, 2008.
- The National Quiz Bee is the longest running and most respected nationwide academic competition in the country and it aims to strengthen education by promoting academic excellence in Philippine history, mathematics, science & technology; good values, leadership, peace, unity, brotherhood and love of country.
- There will be one (1) champion student per elimination round in the subject category of Collegiate General Information & International Affairs under the Commission on Higher Education.
- Results of contest levels, particularly the list of names of the student participants, teacher – coaches & schools with addresses and subject categories should be mailed to Ms. Pettizou P. Tayag, Vice President, Quiz Bee Foundation, 2/F Palarca Bldg., Quezon Blvd. cor P. Paredes, Manila or emailed thru firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 712 0682.
- The National Quiz Bee competitions will be aired NATIONWIDE thru ABSCBN’s Studio 23 Channel, Sundays, 12noon, commencing on September 28 until December 28, 2008 and WORLDWIDE thru TFC Kapamilya Channel.
- For the Regional Finalist student and their teacher – coach, the following must be brought and presented by them upon registration to the Summit of the Super Quiz Bees’ venue; Certification letter signed by the Regional Director that the contestant and teacher – coach are the official representatives of the region, biodata with attached 2 x 2 inch colored photo (white background) of the contestant and teacher – coach and a signed letter from the parent/s of the student assigning the teacher-coach as legal guardian during the Summit.
- No registration/ board & lodging fee will be charged. The Regional Finalists and their teacher – coach will attend the Summit of the Super Quiz Bees on December 4 -7, 2008 at the Development Academy of the Philippines (DAP) Conference Center & Hotel, East Sungay, Tagaytay City. This is an all expense paid four (4) day live – in camp with tours, fellowships, environment seminar and sports recreation. Within the Summit will be the National Grand Finals on December 6, 2008 at the Philamlife Auditorium in U.N. Ave, Manila. Expenses within the Summit will be borne by the Quiz Bee Foundation.
- The Regional Finalists and their teacher - coach must cover expenses for travel to and from the Development Academy of the Philippines Conference Center & Hotel in Tagaytay City. Funds for this may be on a personal basis, school board funds, assistance of the CHED office or requested from the governors, mayors and DILG Regional Directors as per DILG Memorandum Circular No. 2008 - 104. Printable form of this Circular is available at www.dilg.gov.ph/issuances or www.quizbee.org.
- The 29th National Quiz Bee Grand Finals will be on Saturday, December 6, 2008, 9:00am to 7:00pm at the Philamlife Theater. This is open to the public. The Regional finalists and their teacher – coach will compete dressed in traditional attire representative of their regions.
- For further inquiries, please log on to www.quizbee.org or contact Ms. Pettizou P. Tayag, Vice President, Quiz Bee Foundation, 2/F Palarca Bldg., Quezon Blvd. corner P. Paredes, Manila, telefax nos. 735 - 1272/ 712 -0682, mobile no. 0917 892 2560 or email address: email@example.com