please click here
A. Levels and Subject Categories
Any student enrolled in the present school year from any public or private school in the country that falls in the following can join in the competition;
|Level & Age Groups:||Subject Categories|
|I.||National Senior Quiz Bee
1st - 5th year college
|A.||Collegiate General Information and International Affairs|
B. Nationwide Eliminations
|The schedule of the nationwide eliminations for the National Quiz Bee is as follows:|
|A.||Nationwide School Eliminations||July 1-30, 2008|
|B.||Provincial Regional Eliminations||October 15 – November 15, 2008|
|• CAR Regional Finals
Baguio Convention Center
|October 1, 2008
|• CALABARZON Regional Finals
Batangas Capitol Compound Auditorium
|October 17, 2008
|• Central Visayas Regional Finals
University of Southern Philippines Auditorium
|November 7, 2008
|• Western Visayas Regional Finals
West Visayas State University Cultural Center
|November 12, 2008
|• Davao Region Regional Finals
Event Center, SM City Davao
|November 23, 2008
|C.||NCR Regional Eliminations||October 25, 2008|
|D.||Summit of the Super Quiz Bee*||Dec. 4 - 7, 2008|
|E.||National Grand Finals **||December 6, 2008|
|Note: Prior notice & advice of scheduled provincial eliminations (date, time, venue & contact person/ details) is highly appreciated and may be sent thru email address email@example.com or faxed to 02 - 712 0682.|
C. Sending List of Participants & Contest Results
- Results of all contest levels, particularly the list of names of the student participants, teacher – coaches, schools, complete school addresses and subject categories should be mailed to Ms. Pettizou P. Tayag, EVP, Quiz Bee Foundation, 2/F Palarca Bldg., Quezon Blvd. cor P. Paredes, Manila or emailed thru firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 712 0682.
- For the Regional Finalist student/s and their teacher – coach/es, the following must be brought and presented by them upon registration to the Summit of the Super Quiz Bees’ venue; Certification letter signed by the Regional Director that the contestant/s and teacher – coach/es are the official representatives of the region, biodata with attached 2 x 2 inch colored photo (white background) of each contestant and teacher – coach and a signed letter from the parent/s of the student assigning the teacher-coach as legal guardian during the Summit.
D. Summitof the Super Quiz Bees
- The Summit of the Super Quiz Bees is scheduled on December 4 - 7, 2008 at the Development Academy of the Philippines (DAP) Conference Center & Hotel in East Sungay, Tagaytay City.
- The regional finalist student and teacher-coach must each bring a simple item symbolic of their province or region as exchange gift among the other participants during the December 4, 2008 Fellowship Night. Participants must be able to give a brief description or background of the item as a form of cultural exchange. The exchange gift should at least be worth P 150.00.
- The regional finalist student must bring with them their Quiz Bee Regional medal to be worn during the National Grand Finals.
- Participants are encouraged to bring a jacket or sweater for the cold weather in Tagaytay.
- Room accommodations, food, transportation, tours, seminars, sports recreation, fellowships and workshops within the Summit is free – of – charge for all regional finalist students and teacher – coaches. The participants will cover their transportation from their locality to DAP Tagaytay and back.
- Registration/ check – in time starts at 2:30pm on Thursday, December 4, 2008 at Conference Room A, DAP, Tagaytay City. Orientation of the four (4) – day itinerary will be discussed.
- Check – out is on Sunday, December 7, 2008 after breakfast, before 12:00 noon.
E. National Grand Finals:
- The 29th National Quiz Bee Grand Finals will be on Saturday, December 6, 2008 from 9:00am – 7:00pm at the Philamlife Theater, UN Ave., Manila.
- This is open to the public and admission is free. Availability of seats is on a first come basis.
- Regional finalists and their teacher – coaches must be dressed in their traditional attire representative of their region during the competition.
- CHED officials are invited to attend the National Grand Finals in Philamlife Theater, UN Ave., Manila. Lunch and mid afternoon snacks shall be provided for them by the Quiz Bee Foundation.