DepED ADVISORY No. 125, 2008
In compliance with DECS ORDER No. 28, s. 2001
This Advisory is issued for the information of DepED officials & personnel
(Visit DepED website at www.deped.gov.ph)
June 26, 2008
29th NATIONAL QUIZ BEE ®
- The Quiz Bee Foundation in cooperation with the Office of the President, Department of Education, Commission on Higher Education, and the Department of Interior and Local Government will hold the 29th National Quiz Bee from July 1 - December 7, 2008.
- The National Quiz Bee is the longest running and most respected nationwide academic competition in the country and it aims to strengthen education by promoting academic excellence in Philippine history, mathematics, science & technology; good values, leadership, peace, unity, brotherhood and love of country.
- There will be four (4) multi - level elimination rounds, before the National Grand Finals. The Nationwide Elimination Schedule is as follows;
- Nationwide School Eliminations July 1 - 30, 2008
- Provincial District Eliminations August 1 - 30, 2008
- Provincial Division Eliminations September 1 - 30, 2008
- Provincial Regional Eliminations October 15 - November 15, 2008
|• CAR Regional Finals
Baguio Convention Center
|October 1, 2008
|• CALABARZON Regional Finals
Batangas Capitol Compound Auditorium
|October 17, 2008
|• Central Visayas Regional Finals
University of Southern Philippines Auditorium
|November 7, 2008
|• Western Visayas Regional Finals
West Visayas State University Cultural Center
|November 12, 2008
|• Davao Region Regional Finals
Event Center, SM City Davao
|November 23, 2008
- NCR Division Eliminations August 16 - October 11, 2008
- Quezon City & Makati City SUC August 16, 2008
Main Event Center, Sm City North Edsa
- Manila & Pasay City SUC August 30, 2008
Activity Center, SM City Manila
- Muntinlupa,Taguig,Pateros, Paranaque September 13, 2008
& Las Pinas SUC
Activity Center, Filinvest Mall Alabang
- Pasig, Mandaluyong, Marikina & San Juan September 27, 2008
Fountain Area, Robinsons Galleria
- Caloocan, Malabon, Navotas & Valenzuela October 11, 2008
Activity Center, SM Supercenter Valenzuela
- NCR Regional Eliminations October 25, 2008
Activity Center, Robinsons Metro East
- Summit of the Super Quiz Bee Dec. 4 - 7, 2008
- National Grand Finals Dec. 6, 2008
- There will be one (1) champion student per subject category; (a) Elementary Makabayan (Phil. History, culture & values), (b) Elementary Mathematics, and (c) Secondary Science & Technology. The collegiate level eliminations will be under the Commission on Higher Education.
- Results of all contest levels, particularly the list of names of the student participants, teacher - coaches & schools with addresses and subject categories should be mailed to Ms. Pettizou P. Tayag, Vice President, Quiz Bee Foundation, 2/F Palarca Bldg., Quezon Blvd. cor P. Paredes, Manila or emailed thru firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 712 0682.
- The National Quiz Bee competitions will be aired NATIONWIDE thru ABSCBN's Studio 23 Channel, Sundays, 12noon, commencing on September 28 until December 28, 2008 and WORLDWIDE thru TFC Kapamilya Channel.
- For the Regional Finalist student/s and their teacher - coach/es, the following must be brought and presented by them upon registration to the Summit of the Super Quiz Bees' venue; Certification letter signed by the Regional Director that the contestant/s and teacher - coach/es are the official representatives of the region, biodata with attached 2 x 2 inch colored photo (white background) of each contestant and teacher - coach and a signed letter from the parent/s of the student assigning the teacher-coach as legal guardian during the Summit.
- The regional finalist student and teacher-coach must each bring a simple item symbolic of their province or region as exchange gift among the other participants during the December 4, 2008 Fellowship Night. Participants must be able to give a brief description or background of the item as a form of cultural exchange. The exchange gift should at least be worth P 150.00.
- No registration/ board & lodging fee will be charged. The Regional Finalists and their teacher - coach will attend the Summit of the Super Quiz Bees on December 4 -7, 2008 at the Development Academy of the Philippines (DAP) Conference Center & Hotel, East Sungay, Tagaytay City. This is an all expense paid four (4) day live - in camp with tours, fellowships, environment seminar and sports recreation. Within the Summit will be the National Grand Finals on December 6, 2008 at the Philamlife Auditorium in U.N. Ave, Manila. Expenses within the Summit will be borne by the Quiz Bee Foundation.
- The Regional Finalists and their teacher - coach must cover expenses for travel to and from the Development Academy of the Philippines Conference Center & Hotel in Tagaytay City. Funds for this may be on a personal basis or requested from the governors, mayors and DILG Regional Directors as per DILG Memorandum Circular No. 2008 - 104. Printable form of this Circular is available at www.dilg.gov.ph/issuances or www.quizbee.org
- The 29th National Quiz Bee Grand Finals will be on Saturday, December 6, 2008, 9:00am to 7:00pm at the Philamlife Theater. This is open to the public. The Regional finalists and their teacher - coaches will compete dressed in traditional attire representative of their regions.
- District, division and regional elimination logistical expenses can be charged against local funds, school board funds, and non- DepED sources (DILG Memorandum Circular No. 2008 - 104 )
- Enclosed are the guidelines, prizes, rules and regulations of this competition.
- For further inquiries, please log on to www.quizbee.org or contact Ms. Pettizou P. Tayag, Vice President, Quiz Bee Foundation, 2/F Palarca Bldg., Quezon Blvd. corner P. Paredes, Manila, telefax nos. 735 - 1272/ 712 -0682, mobile no. 0917 892 2560 or email address: email@example.com