About Quiz Bee
Rules & Regulations
- All contestants will answer the same set of questions in writing. Before a question is read, the contestants must raise their Uni markers.
- Questions will be read twice in English by the Quizmaster. Contestants may start computing on the second (2nd) reading of the question.
- After the second (2nd) reading, the Quizmaster shall say "go". Automatically, the twenty (20) second time - limit will begin with the word "go" by the Quizmaster.
- After the time limit and the buzzer sounds, the contestants must stop writing and raise their answerboards.
- The Quizmaster shall read and verify the contestants' answer.
- There are four (4) rounds in each competition namely: Easy, Average, Difficult and Clincher. The Clincher round takes place only if there is a tie.
- In the Easy Round, two (2) questions will be asked; in the Average Round, three (3) questions; in the Difficult Round, five (5) questions, and in the Clincher Round, as many questions as needed.
- Points are assigned for each question answered correctly:
. Easy question 1 point
. Average question 2 points
. Difficult question 3 points
. Clincher question 5 points
- After the fifth (5th) question in the Difficult Round, the total number of points of each contestant is tabulated.
- The contestant who gets the highest number of points is automatically declared the Champion; and the second (2nd) highest --- the Runner - up.
- Should there be a tie among the contestants getting the highest score or the second (2nd) highest score, the contest continues to the Clincher Round to determine the Champion or the Runner - up as the case may be.
- The total number of points of the tied contestants will revert back to zero (0).
- In the Clincher Round, as many questions will be asked. Each question is assigned five (5) points. The contestant who first (1st) gets fifteen (15) points is declared the Winner.
- Should another tie occur after the third (3rd) Clincher question, one (1) more question will be asked to break the tie and so on until a Winner is declared.
- In case the Champion is unable to compete in the next contest level (District, Division, Regional or National), the duly certified Runner - up will take the place of the Champion.
- The duly registered teacher - coach of the contestant is the only person authorized to make a protest.
- All protest should be referred to the Board of Judges immediately, before the Quizmaster reads the next question.
- Only the teacher - coach will act as the Official Chaperon/ Guardian of the contestant to the Summit of the Super Quiz Bees and the National Grand Finals.
- The Board of Judges shall be in complete control of the contest. Their decision shall be final in all questions/ protests.
- Any Department of Education (DepEd) personnel related by affinity or consanguinity up to the third (3rd) degree to any contestant or teacher - coach is disqualified in the committees involved in the planning and formulation of questions in the Quiz Bee contests nor can they act as coach of any contestant.
- Past Champions of the National, ASEAN and World Quiz Bee are no longer qualified to join in future Quiz Bee competitions to give others a chance to aspire for the top honors.
- All Champions of the National, ASEAN and World Quiz Bee are automatically barred to join any similar contest for a period of one (1) year from their Quiz Bee Championship.
- The term Quiz Bee and its logo is a duly registered trademark protected by the Intellectual Property Office.
- The Quiz Bee name and logo can only be used for the sole purpose of multi - level eliminations for the Quiz Bee contests (School Level Quiz Bee, District Level Quiz Bee, Division Level Quiz Bee and Regional Level Quiz Bee).
- Legal action shall be taken against any organization or person utilizing the "Quiz Bee" name and/or logo without the formal approval of the Quiz Bee Foundation.
- Any violation of the Quiz Bee House Rules and aforementioned rules shall result in forfeiture of titles, prizes and privileges of any winning contestant or teacher - coach concerned.